To be considered for the Teach For Armenia Fellowship, you must:
- Obtain a Bachelor’s degree before or by July 2017
- Be fluent in Armenian and possess strong speaking and writing skills (for applicants who are only proficient in Western Armenian, Teach For Armenia will provide required online Eastern Armenian courses for completion prior to Summer Institute)
- Have a work permit and a social security card (or obtain one by July 2017)
- Be able to commit to a two year, full-time teaching term from July 2017- May 2019
Successful Teach For Armenia Fellows possess the following characteristics:
- Deep belief that all children can achieve great things
- A commitment to persevere in the face of challenges
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving ability
- Strong academic, professional, extracurricular, and/or volunteer achievements
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to adapt to change and a willingness to learn and grow
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Deep commitment to Armenia as a nation and the success of all children in Armenia
The Teach For Armenia admissions process is uniquely designed to help us identify applicants who possess characteristics needed to succeed in this program.
This is your first opportunity to tell us about yourself. In the online application you will be asked to provide contact details and information regarding your academic and extracurricular achievements, an employment history, a personal letter of intent, and responses to background and personal questions. You may save your application and return to it at a later date, but all applications must be submitted in full prior to the deadlines outlined above to be considered.
The phone interview assesses your competencies and fit with Teach For Armenia and lets you learn more about the organization and our work. You will be contacted ahead of time to schedule your interview, with a choice of dates and times to select from. Please ensure that you are fully prepared prior to the interview time. Phone interviews last approximately 20-30 minutes.
The candidates will pass a test on the subject(s) that they applied to teach. Besides they will receive an analytical reading task. The tests will check the school program knowledge of the candidate for the given subject(s) and will allow to assess their capacity to teach the given subject. You will be notified in advance of the testing location and time.
The all day interview process is comprised of several stages, including but not limited to:
- Group Exercises
- Sample Lesson Plan
- Subject based exam
- Personal Interview
Note: For overseas applicants, Distant Assessment Centers will be administered virtually (i.e. Skype and WebEx).